On-demand delivery applications are penetrating one industry after the other in a highly disruptive way. The on-demand industry has changed the face of shopping and how we used to expect the services provided to us. Right from hailing a taxi to ordering food to groceries and healthcare, on-demand services have created a need in the market that is never going to mellow down, hence soaring the on-demand app development industry to a high.
As the average citizen is growing more and more dependent upon their smartphone, the window of opportunity is growing bigger for on-demand delivery app development companies. In fact, the increasing demand if on-demand apps is the main reason that every business, big or small, is looking to develop a mobile application of their own.
On-demand delivery applications: Best features
On-demand delivery applications, as proven over time, can be beneficial and highly profitable for any given business. But in order to take your business to another level, it is very important to learn about the basic principles of the on-demand delivery market. Some of these principles are as follows:
- Users are capable of rating the service or product of any provider and these ratings are public.
- The UX of the mobile application is a crucial thing. Since the market is highly competitive, users will not take much time to move forward to another app if the UX of your app is complicated.
- The payment process, in the end, must be safe and fast.
- Prices of the goods and services should be always lower than the competitors that are working using only the traditional channels. Additional discounts and offers are always a better way to provide services.
- The delivery time of your service and product must be reasonable, well conveyed before the order placement and if possible, better than your competitors.
These points are true for all the On-demand services alike and they show us how transparent and reliable on-demand delivery industry really is. And it is due to these basic pillars of the on-demand delivery industry that it has gained so many admirers around the world.
But apart from the general need of such services, the way a solution is presented also matters. That is, the basic and advanced features of an app play a crucial role in deciding its destiny. Let us take a look at how can you build a successful on-demand delivery app.
Feature-set for for on-demand delivery apps
For the Customer App
- The basics – Registration or creating an account is the basic most feature to be added to any on-demand delivery application.
- Real-time order tracking – Real-time order tracking is an important feature to incorporate in your on-demand application. It tells the users the real-time status of their order, thereby ensuring a reliable delivery service.
- In-app payments – A safe payment gateway is what can make an app, the best app in the market. For this significant feature of your on-demand delivery app, you must ensure the highest security possible. Having multiple payment options is the best way to go.
- Adding favorites – Having an option to mark a service provider or a specific product as “favourite” can ease the users’ lives a great deal and earn points for your app as well. It can help the users to browse and find the things they like faster.
- Ratings and User reviews – One thing that makes online shopping still a bit of a gamble is the uncertainty about how a product or service will turn-up to be. If the users are investing their time and money in a product or service, they need to know for sure that it is going to be worth their money. And the best way to provide that certainty is through user reviews. It builds up your brand reliability and helps users to make the right decision.
- Help and support – When a product is ordered online, there are a number of things that can go wrong before or at the time of delivery. One way to tackle these mishaps is to ensure that you have a dedicated feature and team to overlook these issues and enhance customer satisfaction.
For the service provider
- Accepting or rejecting orders – When you’re working with multiple vendors, you cannot fully certain that whether they will be able to provide the service or not. That’s why it is necessary to add the feature of accepting or rejecting a request from the vendor’s side.
- Tracking orders and earnings – Having a feature to track their earnings helps the vendors to plan their services and schedules in a much better way.
- Starting and concluding a service – To help vendors keep a better track of their orders in a better way, the feature to start and end a service is a must-have.
- Selecting the availability – It is a feature where they can control their visibility online on the app.
The above stated features are the basic features which should be mandatory for you on-demand delivery app. There are many other feature like adding a chatbot, etc, to enhance the user experience. Once your app is ready to be launched for both User and vendor side, all you have to do is market it as much as possible.